Monday, March 22, 2010

P90X



Been using Facebook to rant/rave for awhile now. But it has some limitations that render it insufficient for this this type of post. So I'll keep any in-depth P90X stuff he on the blog.

Day 1 is in the books, and boy howdy do I feel emasculated. Started with Disc 01, Chest and Back. You can take a look at my data here. As I can only do 2-3 Chin Ups, I did all of those with the help of the chair. And I depended on it a lot the second half of the workout.

The push ups were killer. I've been doing 15-20 a day for a few months. Didn't expect that to be the hardest part. But by the second time around, I couldn't do a single rep. I was reduced to doing them from my knees. My arms were jelly. :(

Now, it certainly did help me for Ab Ripper X that I'd run a fast mile (7 minute) 2 hours earlier. By the second exercise, my hips wee killing me. I stuck it out, and did maybe 12-15 reps of everything (instead of 25). But not fun.

And yes, it does make me cringe to think I consider 7 minutes to be a fast mile, when my PR is 5:36. :)

It was hard, no doubt. Look forward to just making it though that doing the full reps. 90 days.


I'm off to have a nice glass of milk and a chunk of Chocolate.

No comments: