Friday, January 4, 2008

Middle Class now able to steal from the Capitalists

This is just brilliant. I gotta say, it never occurred to me to do this before, because, well, I like my house, and like having decent credit. I got a family to raise and all. And I can just about afford the payment.

But it makes me smile, a big smile, to see that the middle class was able to use the housing bubble to essential rob banks. Of course, they get their credit dinged, and can't live in the house they used to get the money. But they don't have to give any money back, and they aren't going to prison. But oh, their credit score will be low! Really, our desire to keep a good credit rating is all that prevents most of us in this situation from just saying "Oh Well, take the house back, I'm gonna go enjoy all this money you gave me."

Well, that and common decency. But hey, nobody in the Capital Markets plays by any rules that involve decency. If you're playing their game, why should you?

No comments: